Flour is a tricky ingredient because it needs precise measure. That is why I do less baking or any food that flour is the main ingredient! But when the tummy calls, I have to answer.
- 4 cups of Flour.
- 8 cups of warm water.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 3 eggs.
- 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of Cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup of Cooking oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a clean bowl, add the flour, baking powder, eggs , sugar, salt and stir.. Gradually add water into the mix to the thickness you prefer. I prefer i light pancake paste. Add the cumin seeds and cooking oil and stir. Cover with a moist cloth and let it set for 1 hr.
- On high heat, place a pan and let it heat up.. add a scoop of the pancake paste on the pan and spread evenly on the pan with a circular motion.
- Add cooking oil with a table spoon round the pancake, flip and let the other side cook.. You can add oil if you prefer but i am trying to eat healthy, so less oil for me. Remove when both sides are light brown.
- Repeat the process.
- 1/2 kg Mince Meat (Kima)
- 3 medium sized onions (finely chopped)
- 4 large tomatoes (grated)
- 1 large egg plant (chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp cumin, coriander, curry powder
- 1 chilli beef cube
- A handful of parsley (chopped)
- A handful of chopped bell peppers
- Salt to taste.
- In a hot pan, add ghee let it heat. Add the onions stir and let it lightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Add a small amount of warm water and the egg plants and cover.
- Add crumbled chilli beef cubes and the other spices and stir.
- The trick for making then kima not ball up when you add it into the mixture, is to soak it in water.
- Add the kima into the mixture, stir and cover. Add warm water and the tomato paste and stir.
- Add the parsley and green bell peppers.
- Serve while Hot.
You might also like:
Sere is a spiritual unicorn who loves the color red and everything food. Get more recipes on www.serebites.blogspot.com