My good people, I have news. Big news. HUUUUUGE news! Are you ready? I hope so because after I tell you, I’m gonna need your help, ok?
I’M MOVING. Countries. Continents! I’m desperate for a change after 8 months in one place. Commitment-phobe anyone? LOL. Reasons don’t matter so much; maybe it’s just an itch that needs to be scratched (I’ve been known to do a couple of radical things every few years, including piercing my navel and shaving my head) or something more meaningful. All I know is that it could be a wonderfully life changing experience. Who knows?
Here’s where I need your help. I need a country to go to. Haha…there goes a sentence I never thought I’d say I’d prefer if it was in Europe and definitely not North America (nothing personal it’s just that I’ve been there done that. I need a change). Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. I’m black. I don’t usually say that since I don’t think it matters but if I’m going to move to a European country, I’d like it to be not-so-blatantly racist. Just to be clear, I’m not looking for a perfect land; just a place where I won’t end up in actual danger based solely on the color of my skin.
2. I’m college-educated up to Master’s level (and there may be even more higher education in my near future). In other words, I can work legally, haha. Seriously though, this point is because it might help you help me figure out where to go and what to do when I get there.
3. I’m young enough to enjoy some adventure and old enough to enjoy (and value) some culture. I’m pretty open
4. I’m not super picky about weather (although Arctica might be pushing it )
5. I’m not rushing to leave tomorrow but I’m aiming for at least within the next 6-12 months; just fyi
6. I’m not looking to relocate permanently so much as I’m looking to be someplace new for a year or two or whatever. Life is short and I want to pack as much of it as possible into my own life.
Help a sista out.
Until next time, besos!
You might also like:
When Mia isn't ranting or raving, she keeps a blog in an attempt to live her life to the fullest. Her exploits can be found on "The Yes Trail" at www.miasaysyes.wordpress.com