It’s been a while since my last post but don’t be mad. Once you find out what I’ve been up to you’ll wish you were there with me. Before I get to the business of making you green with envy, let me start by asking how’ve you been? I like hearing from you so definitely let a sista know what’s good with you. Ready to go green?
Ok, I did something I never thought I’d do. Actually, that’s not entirely true; I’ve always wanted to do it but conditions just never seemed right. I’ve traveled and lived alone but never done this. I took my first solo vacation ever and it was a blast! Yay!!!!!
Picture it: South Coast, gorgeous beaches, lovely views, great food and lots of it, freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted, approved laziness, 4am movie nights with coconut for snacks, eating alone, skimpy little outfits, the ocean for a lullaby, reading trashy magazines by the beach wearing BIG vacation sunglasses, drinking the milk of fresh young coconut with flowers in it, 2 hour head-to-toe spa treatment, interesting people and peace of mind that was out of this world and that’s not even all of it. In short, I was spoiled rotten (and loved every minute of it too ) Leopard Beach Resort and Spa has perfected the art of hospitality (and they’re not even paying me to say that. I promise).
If you’ve never taken a solo vacation, please do. This was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. Ever! The memory of it, one month later still brings a smile to my face.
On account of my very relaxed post-vacation state, I’m going to skip ranting and head straight into my raves for the week.
1. Leopard Beach Resort and Spa. They took my frazzled, tired, depleted self and turned me into a smiling, relaxed belle of the ball. Thank you
2. Family. They might make me crazy sometimes but I love them and I’m blessed to have them
3. Friends. I’m thankful that even though they are fewer, the quality is higher. I love you guys
4. That awesome vacation. This was a tremendous blessing and I really must rave about it.
5. The staff at Leopard Beach. Everyone I met was wonderful to me. I would however like to give a shout-out to Salome (Guest Relations Manager), Naftali (dining), Solomon (Spa), Esther Malanga, Radhika, Richard, Sheena (managers) and of course Chris Modigell (OGW). You guys sent me back to my life a new woman; thanks so much!
6. Bambika Afrika. I have to rave about Bambika Afrika and especially Rhoda, for putting together this lovely vacation for me. Check them out at www.bambikaafrika.com and you’ll see why I trusted her with this precious task.
Ok, time to get back to that thing I get paid to do; work Good day and blissed-out hugs to ya’ll
You might also like:
When Mia isn't ranting or raving, she keeps a blog in an attempt to live her life to the fullest. Her exploits can be found on "The Yes Trail" at www.miasaysyes.wordpress.com