Not many of us think of experimenting with make up until we are in high school second form to be precise. During my time the best we could do was face powder (white in colour), black eye pencil that we would use as the only make up tool. We line our eyebrows, our lips heck even the infamous faux beauty spot.
Times have changed and so I hope we threw all these mistakes out of the window and styled up a little bit. I hope that since you are on the lily review you own a tab of foundation.
It is therefore important for all of us to learn that one of the first makeup tips you should observe is the importance of finding the right foundation. This is because it could be the difference between looking as if you have naturally flawless skin or as if you are wearing a mask.
The experts say that most women have yellow-based skin and in order for them to get that perfectly natural, flawless look they need to wear foundations with a yellow base. You will know that a foundation does not have a yellow base if it leaves your skin looking artificial, ashy and two-toned. Remember that whatever worth having is working hard for, so you will need to invest some money for you to get the best in the market.
After getting your foundation right, the next step is to follow the makeup tips I have provided for you. With a little practice, you will be amazed how easy it is for you to learn to apply your makeup as professional makeup artists.
- Test foundation along your jaw line or your forehead – not on your hand and definitely not on the inside of your wrist. View it under different light settings. It must match the natural color of your neck.
- Dampen your cosmetics sponge to create a sheer finish.
- For a great makeover you must start with the right foundation. Whereas eye shadow, lipstick, and blusher accent the face, it is the foundation that sets the tone for a woman’s appearance. If you want your foundation to look sheer, apply it with a sponge. For more coverage apply it with your fingertips. Professional makeup artists prefer using a makeup brush as this will apply and blend the foundation beautifully.
- Tap foundation on with sponge or finger. Your skin will look luminous, yet natural.
- To give the skin a dewy finish, moisten a gauze pad or wash cloth in astringent and gently pat your already made up face. An astringent substance is a chemical that tends to shrink or constrict body tissues, usually locally after topical medicinal application. Two common examples are calamine lotion and hazel. Some common astringent agents include alum, oatmeal, yarrow, witch hazel, bayberry, very cold water, and rubbing alcohol. Astringent preparations include silver nitrate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, Burow’s solution, tincture of benzoic, and vegetable substances such as tannic and Gallic acids. Balaustines are the red rose-like flowers of the pomegranate, which are very bitter to the taste. In medicine, its dried form has been used as an astringent. Some metal salts and acids have also been used as astringents. The astringent (witch hazel is perfect) will remove the matte look of makeup, while leaving the skin radiant
- Open your mouth when applying foundation to expose the neck area and eliminate an obvious line at the jaw line.
- If the foundation starts to curdle, do not use it anymore.